Greenlight > kickstarter > early access (if needed)
What do I need to do for greenlight?
what MUST I do
- new textures
- demos for mac, linux, win32 (arent handled on greenlight)
- some audio
- Make It NOT look like minecraft
- set up the company NOW
- create a new Steam account
- quality of the video will win / lose it?
- DEFINITELY include in the video all the different world types
- endless falling game mode??
- A valid Steam account (duh!)
- A submission form, chock full of details about you and your game
- $100 in cold hard cash—this is a one-time fee, meaning that once it's paid you can submit as many games to Greenlight as you like
- A branding image—essentially box art (512x512px and no larger than 1MB)
- Media: At least one video, and four screenshots that represent your game
- A description: typically just a paragraph or two that provides voters with an overview of your game and its features
- should I have servers hosted on the cloud (so there are always a varietyt of them runnig? 24/7)
- Describe... the game and what we are going to do with it
- basically a tech demo to show how the game will play
- basic audio... :(
- bleach skin
* time of day
* modding functionality?
* better menus?
* volumetric fog
What do I need to do for kickstarter?
- work out tiered rewards
- STRETCH goals
* stretch goals - I get more money and hire staff to get the game done quicker
What do I need to do for early access?
- functionally finished
- NO WAY ILL GET HERE IN 6 MONTHS